Learning at Calbright is flexibly paced but you’re not alone. We offer wraparound services to support your progress on and offline.
Enrolled Calbright College students can access:
- Student Support: reviewing your program schedule, your career goals, tech support – there’s someone to talk to about everything you need to make obtaining your education work, at every step of the process.
- Success Coaching: what do you need to succeed in your education? Calbright provides success coaching for interested students to help keep them on track.
- Life Coaching: need help setting and meeting goals? Establishing productivity strategies? Keeping your life balanced? We have Academic Success Counselors ready to support you.
- WellConnect: You’ll have confidential access to free mental health counseling for work/life balance and support through WellConnectSM available 24/7, even on holidays. Services available include:
- Free counseling sessions on everything from day-to-day stresses to sudden grief or trauma
- Referrals to local resources for issues like housing, utilities, and childcare
- Free consultations and referrals for financial assistance, legal resources, mental health and wellness
- Support with stress management, test anxiety, ADHD, and other issues
Additionally, here are other resources that students in California often find useful:
- Filing an unemployment claim with the State of California
- COVID-19 Parent Application for Financial Assistance for Emergency Child Care
Health and Wellness
These are difficult times. People are more stressed, worried, and tired. Online learning is harder if your body and mind are working at lower levels. Now, more than ever, you need to take care of yourself. Use the resources below to find health and wellness services and resources:
- Visit Wellness Central to find support for self-care, health and wellness. Do you have enough to eat? Use the FoodFinder site or app to find a food pantry or food assistance.
- The California Association of Food Banks and its food bank members continue to work to ensure that California’s most vulnerable communities have consistent and safe access to nutritious food.
- Download the HeadSpace app and create a free account. Check out the free collection called Weathering the Storm. It has “meditations, sleep, and movement exercises to help you out, however you’re feeling.”
Is the news making you stressed? The National Alliance on Mental Illness has created a list of Coronavirus: Mental Health Coping Strategies to help us all cope during hard times.