coronavirus image

COVID-19 Special Update

We are closely monitoring the COVID19 pandemic, and want to reassure all employees and enrolled students that we are continuing to provide the necessary supports for students to continue coursework. As we are an online campus, we do not have plans at this time to suspend operations. 

We understand this is a challenging situation, and want to make sure you are aware of resources available. We offer all students free access to WellConnect, a confidential help service for real-life issues. They have resources to help with mental health and counseling, housing, finding child care providers, legal matters, issues with finances — basically everything adults can struggle with on a day-to-day basis.

If you are enrolled with us, please contact your Academic Advisor or email [email protected] for further information and support.

Also, be aware that if you are employed and your employer has reduced your hours or shut down operations due to the ongoing situation with COVID19, you can file an unemployment insurance claim. Unemployment Insurance provides partial wage replacement benefits: direct payments to those who have lost their jobs or had their hours reduced. 

Again, please contact an Academic Advisor or email [email protected] and we will be able to assist in setting up a claim.

Furthermore, if you are unable to continue your coursework due to emergency circumstances, we will assist in suspending enrollment with no penalty applied.

We will continue to monitor the situation and inform students and employees of any necessary changes. We value your safety and health, and appreciate your attention.

Here are a few trusted resources to note:

Filing Unemployment Claims (opens new window)

  1. If your employer has reduced your hours or shut down operations due to COVID-19, you can file an Unemployment Insurance (UI) claim.
  2. If you’re unable to work because you are caring for an ill or quarantined family member with COVID-19 (certified by a medical professional), you can file a Paid Family Leave (PFL) claim.
  3. If you’re unable to work due to having or being exposed to COVID-19 (certified by a medical professional), you can file a Disability Insurance (DI) claim.

Obtaining Health Insurance through CoveredCA (opens new window)

CoveredCA has opened their enrollment for health insurance coverage due to the crisis caused by COVID-19. Here are some instructions for how to apply:

  1. Log in to your account (or start an online account if you don’t have one).
  2. Select “Apply Now.”
  3. You will be asked to select a qualifying life event from the drop-down menu. Select “COVID-19/New State Penalty or Financial Help/Coverage loss.”

Help for Small Businesses (opens new window)

Are you a small business struggling to make payroll and considering a workforce reduction? Or is your employer planning layoffs? Starting Friday, April 3rd, applications will be available for Paycheck Protection Program (PPP) loans which are also available to 1099 independent contractors and sole proprietors.

Spanish-Language Coronavirus Resources for Latinos

Salud America has compiled trusted resources en español for COVID-19 on their website linked here (opens new window).